Green tea manufacturing
Japanese Green teas are produced in the gentlest way: the tea leaves are steamed. Thus leaves the nutrients stay in the leaf undamaged. Japan produces two kinds of teas: Shaded and non shaded teas. Japan produces two kinds of teas: Shaded and non-shaded teas.All Japanese teas are basically produced the same way.
- The fresh tea leaves are harvested and brought to the tea farmers factory as fast as possible (Aracha factory)
- The tea leaves are steamed. Hot steam stops the fermentation, keeping the fresh tea leaf green and juicy.
- The tea leaves are dried and rolled several times. This process gives the tea its final shape.
- The raw tea (unfinished tea) is ready. This product is called Aracha.
- Aracha is brought to AIYA. Unwanted parts (twigs, veins etc.) are now removed.
- The prepared tea leaves are blended with other lots to make a final exquisite tea blend. The tea is now ready.